1. Introduction and General Terms
If you do not wish your Personal Data to be processed as set out below, please contact us to discuss your concerns before submitting or making available to EMR any of your Personal Data via this Site. Details of how to contact us are set out below.
- what information EMR may collect about you;
- how EMR will use information we collect about you;
- when EMR may use your details to contact you;
- whether EMR will disclose your details to anyone else;
The Site contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will EMR collect about me?
We may ask you to sign up on the site with some personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. (“Personal Data”)
3. How will EMR use the information they collect about me?
EMR will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and
- to analyse and improve the services offered on a Website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- Where EMR proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. Will EMR share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in paragraph 5. Generally, we will only use your information within EMR. However, sometimes EMR uses third parties to process your information. EMR will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and EMR will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
5. Offensive or inappropriate content on the Site
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to the Site or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the Site, EMR may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
6. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to this Site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
7. How long will EMR keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary or as long as is set out in any relevant form you hold with EMR. In the case that you wish to cancel your registration as a Site member, once an account is deleted, while people cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
8. In respect of any Personal Data about you held by EMR, you have the right (exercisable by making a written request to us):
- To receive a copy of that Personal Data
- To be given a description of that Personal Data
- To be told of the reasons that Personal Data is being processed
- To understand whether that Personal Data will be given to any other organisation
- To correct any errors in that Personal Data
- To be given details of the source of that Personal Data (where available)
- To prevent EMMR using your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
10. Cookies Policy – Information EMR collects from you
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used for purposes such as making a website work more effectively or providing information to a website operator about how its website is being used.
By continuing to use this website without disabling these cookies, you consent to them being used.
How to delete or disable cookies
For details of how to delete or disable cookies, you can find general information at www.allaboutcookies.org and browser-specific information via the following links:
- Internet Explorer: How to disable Cookies
- Firefox: Enabling and disabling Cookies
- Safari: Managing Cookies
- Google Chrome: How do I turn off Cookies?
- Opera: Security & privacy
(Please note that all of these links are to third party sites for which EMR is not responsible.)
EMR has security measures in place to protect against loss, unauthorised access, misuse, alteration and improper disclosure of the Personal Data you provide via the Site. However, no computer system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible risk and it is not possible to guarantee the security or integrity of the Personal Data you disclose online. Notwithstanding EMR’s security measures, you should be aware that when you submit Personal Data to the Site over the Internet, the information may travel over many systems that are not under EMR’s control.
The Data Protection Officer
EMR Digital Limited
Studio One, Charter House, Crown Court, London WC2B 5EX